As a part of the Mathmods starting pack from students, today’s article is about shopping in Pizzoli. Yes, I do remember the time, when I was completely lost there too! So here is something to help you Living in here, basically, you have following options where to shop in Pizzoli for food.
Shop in Pizzoli
The supermarket Dimelio
– a very expensive supermarket, in the center Pizzoli. You may try to find a cheaper option by shopping in L’Aquila or planing a trip to one of the following. On the other hand, considering they are in the village and you shop in Pizzoli, they have a lot of stuff. [On the picture as 1]
Go here, turn left
and see it there.
– as the fruit and veg shop, or the butcher on the main road Corso Sallustio. Probably also an expensive option but the good is nice and tasty. [On the picture as 2]
– a cheaper option, I personally think the best one in Pizzoli. [On the picture as 3]
Shopping near Pizzoli
On the way from Pizzoli and L´Aquila, just next to the road, there is a big supermarket called MD. It is one of the “Lidl category” considering the price and quality and the one we used the most.
There are also more shops in that area, however, no big shopping center.
You can easily drive there in 5-10 minutes.
Getting there with out a car is a bit pain, as there is officially no bus stop near. BUT – if you ask nicely, the bus driver mostly drop you of there. Just give it a go by “Poteremmo fermare vicino MD, per favore” and smile. If it doesn´t work, you can drop of on the bus stop before (don´t forget to ring the bell!).
Walking there is possible, it takes around 40 minutes. You can try to hitch-hike.
We used to get of there on the way from University, shop and then walk to Pizzoli on the side of the road.
- I do believe there are some occasional food markets to shop in Pizzoli too but we haven´t heart of any of them. (If you did, comment below, please )
- Check the restaurants and pubs in Pizzoli. (to be coming)
- All the shops in Pizzoli are closed on Sunday, so keep it in mind on Saturday or Friday.
- Food in Italy is generally very good but quite expensive so if you are an Erasmus student, you would prefer to plan it upfront so you don´t have to shop last minute.
- You can also take the bus or a car and check where to go shopping in L´Aquila.
And, please, think of the environment, take a bag always with you and try to avoid using plastic bags
Hm.. did I forget anything? Feel free to ask more in comments and feel free to share the link to this article where ever it can be helpful.
Good luck and buon appetito ;-)
 Please, do not copy any text or pictures from this blog without permition from the author and a link to the original. I am very pleased you like my content, please do let me know, I am sure we will come to a usage agreement. Many thanks, Mel ;-)
 Please, mind that the opinions due to preferences are mine and do not have to be 100 percent true for everyone of you, however, it did hold for most of our generation. Pictures were creating using street view from Google Maps.